Have you ever experienced a power surge in your house? It’s an abrupt increase in voltage that can damage or even destroy electronic devices and appliances. Don’t be defeated by power surges–outsmart them with whole house surge protection! In this article, we’ll explore the benefits, key considerations, our top choices, and installation steps for whole house surge protection so you can feel empowered and safe. Let’s get started!
What is Whole House Surge Protection?
Whole House Surge Protection is the proven way to protect your home and its appliances from power surges. It can protect you from electrical spikes caused by lightning strikes, power outages, damaged power lines, and other sources. When these surges occur, they can damage anything connected to your home’s electrical system, including your sensitive electronics. Whole House Surge Protection is the most comprehensive way to protect against the unexpected and keep your home safe!
Is A Whole House Surge Protector Worth It?
When it comes to safeguarding your home against power spikes, whole house surge protection is your best bet. While it may seem like an expensive upfront investment, the benefits are invaluable. With whole house surge protection, you’ll be able to:
• Protect your electronic devices like TVs, audio equipment, computers, gaming systems, and other delicate electrical appliances from electrical surges.
• Enjoy uninterrupted power supply as the protector works to maintain a consistent current for your home.
• Enjoy peace of mind knowing your home and its appliances are guarded from electrical spikes.
• Save money in the long term as your electronics enjoy a longer lifespan.
If you’re looking for a reliable surge protection solution, whole house surge protection is your best bet. Invest for the long term and reap the benefits for years to come.
Protects Electronic Devices
When power surges threaten to take out all your electronic devices, it’s time to call in the big guns – whole house surge protection! This form of protection is an easy and effective way to keep your valuable electronics safe. Not only does it protect your sensitive electronics from power surges, but it also helps conserve energy by filtering out spikes in the electrical current. So when you’re really in need of protection, whole house surge protection is the way to go!
Saves Money in the Long Run
Don’t be fooled by the initial investment of whole house surge protection – it pays off in the end! Sure, it may seem like an expensive purchase, but the truth is, it can help you save money in the long run. Not only does it protect your appliances and electronics from surges, but it also helps to prevent costly repairs – or even replacements – down the line. So, if you’re looking for a way to keep your wallet from taking a hit, consider whole house surge protection. You can thank us later!
Are you worried about the possibility of a power surge wreaking havoc in your home? Well, there’s no need to worry any longer. With a whole house surge protection system, you can protect your home from the damage power surges can cause. Not only will it keep your appliances and electronics safe from surges, but it will also improve the safety of your home by providing a safe outlet for any electrical surges — no matter where they come from. So when you’re looking for peace of mind, don’t forget about whole house surge protection. It’s one of the best investments you can make to keep your home safe!
What is the best whole house surge protector?
Here are the top 3 whole house surge protectors in 2023:
- Universally connects to any manufacturer’s load center (breaker box)
- Easy to use
- High quality product
- Universally connects to any manufacturer’s load center (breaker box)
- Easy to use
- FirstSurge Surge Protective Devices (SPDs) are Type 2 and UL / cUL 1449 listed, meeting designated protection requirements
- FirstSurge is constructed using our commercial grade NEMA 4X enclosure allowing for indoor or outdoor installations
- FirstSurge Pro provides 140,000 Amp of surge current capacity per phase
- Compatible with any brand of load center and breakers
- Enclosure rated for type 4 outdoor, and can also be installed inside the load center
- The HEPD80 is easily connected to any brand of residential load center and provides the customer a green status LED to ensure proper protection
- Includes an LED indicator
- NEMA 4X rated for outdoor/indoor use, 80,000 amp Surge Current Rating, 25,000 amp SCCR. CSA and UL 1449 3rd Edition Type 1 SPD
- Manufacturer’s product warranty of 5 years and 75,000 residential downline warranty
Key Considerations for Whole House Surge Protection
When looking into a Whole House Surge Protection system, there are a few key considerations that homeowners should take into account. First, the Whole House Surge Protection system will need to be tailored to the specific characteristics of the home’s electrical system. It’s essential to choose the right components to ensure that the system is properly grounded. Additionally, the surge protection system should cover all the major appliances and electronics in the house, as well as any sensitive equipment that needs extra protection. Lastly, for the ultimate protection against power surges, check to make sure that the system is compatible with lightning protection. With these components in place, homeowners can rest easy knowing their investment is well taken care of.
Size and Voltage Rating
When shopping for whole house surge protection, it’s important to pay attention to the size and voltage rating of the device. Size matters when it comes to your home’s surge protection – a device that’s too large can be overkill, while one that’s too small won’t offer the maximum protection that you need. Choosing a surge protector with the right voltage rating is just as important. The higher the rating, the more protection you’ll receive from electrical surges. So don’t let your guard down, get the right size and voltage rating for your surge protection and you’ll be ready to face the storm.
Grounding your home’s electrical system is one of the best ways to protect your home from power surges. But don’t just take our word for it – take your electrician’s. With whole house surge protection, you’ll be able to get grounded in more ways than one. With proper grounding, your home will be better protected from electrical storms, lightning strikes, and other power anomalies that could otherwise cause serious damage. So ask your electrician about the ground options available for your home – it could end up saving you a lot of trouble!
Location of Installation
Where do you install a whole house surge protection device? The answer is easy: anywhere you want! Just kidding—the location of installation isn’t quite that flexible, but it’s certainly not as hard to figure out as you might think. Most surge protection devices are installed at the breaker box, but that’s not the only option. Some may be installed at individual outlets or even at the utility meter. Wherever you choose to install them, they’ll keep your home and appliances safe from power surges.
Installation Steps for Whole House Surge Protection
When it comes to protecting your home from costly power surges, whole house surge protection is the way to go! It provides consistent protection for all your connected devices, so you can have peace of mind that your electronics and appliances are safe. Plus, installation is relatively simple and straightforward. Here are the basic steps to help familiarize you with the process step by step, but be sure follow your manufacturer’s instructions.
1. Start by turning off the power to the electrical panel. This is essential to ensure your safety while disconnecting and reconnecting wires.
2. Choose a location for mounting the surge protection panel. Typically, this should be near the main electrical panel.
3. Install the surge protection panel and connect it to the main electrical panel. Be sure to properly secure all connections.
4. Test the surge panel to ensure it is functioning properly.
5. Turn the power back on and you’re done!
Surge protection panels are an essential part of any home protection plan, so don’t wait any longer. Get yours installed today and start enjoying peace of mind.
With the installation of whole house surge protection, you can outsmart surges and keep your home and electronic devices safe. Not only does whole house surge protection protect electronic appliances against power surges, but it is also an inexpensive and beneficial investment in the long-term. There are several key considerations when it comes to installing whole house surge protection. Knowing the size and voltage rating of your entire home, as well as researching grounding options and the correct installation location, is essential when installing whole house surge protection. Don’t let a power surge catch you off guard – outsmart it with whole house surge protection today!